Monday, October 28, 2013

Blogtoberfest, Day 28: Dave Bair

How have connections with other professionals improved your practice? Today's entry is from Dave Bair, Spanish Teacher at San Dieguito Academy:
As professionals we are constantly re-creating ourselves and self-evaluating the effectiveness of our teaching. We ask ourselves how we can make learning fun for our students while reaching our shared departmental goals. Sometimes we even decide to change our goals as the times change. 
I have found that working with other language teachers has not only given me wonderful lessons for the classroom but sparked my own desire for knowledge and growth. A teacher who is excited creates excitement in the classroom. In every conference, workshop, training, share-a-thon or meeting I actively ask myself what can I get out of this experience to enrich the learning of my students. How can I accomplish the same objective in a way to create greater interest, participation and enjoyment? I know this will create successful results.

Learning is exciting for adults as well as children. When I am able to work with my colleagues or in the community with others, my students overall experience is positively enhanced.