Thursday, May 23, 2013

Whip kids' behavior into shape with Class Dojo!


If you haven't seen the Class Dojo site/app, I would encourage you the look at it. It is fun, a little corny, but it works! Yes, even with high school kids! I am using it in my Geometry Support class to help with classroom management and to encourage students to stay on task. I also invited all of the parents so they can see how they are behaving/working in class. It is a tough class and in just one day I saw a huge turn around! When you add positive feedback, it dings and adds a point to the student's score. They love to see it and when one gets points and others don't, they want to know how they can earn points. You can customize the feedback to fit the needs of your classroom and the students can customize their avatars.

http://www.classdojo.com/