Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's Going to be a Busy Fall

Here are some of the professional engagements I have between now and the end of the year:
  • October 4 & 5 - GAFE Summit Coronado
    • I have applied to present about Add-ons for Google Docs and Sheets, specifically Flubaroo, Doctopus, and g(Math). I expect to hear whether or not I have been accepted in early September. Either way, I hope to get a team from our district to attend.
  • October 18 - EdCamp San Diego
    • I'm one of the organizers for this event. Last year was our first, so since we (presumably) know what we're doing this year, I think the planning will not be nearly as arduous as it was last year.
  • October 24 & 25 - Fall CUE, American Canyon HS
    • I will be presenting about Blackboard Summer Academy, but broadening it to the use of any LMS, so I've re-titled my talk "[Insert LMS Here] Summer Academy". It will be very similar to the talk I gave at the Blackboard workshop in Chula Vista last year.
  • November 15 - SDCUE Tech Fair, La Costa Canyon HS
    • I will be presenting (again, hopefully) about Add-ons for Google Docs and Sheets. And, since it was my suggestion to bring the SDCUE Tech Fair to LCC in the first place, I will also be working closely with SDCUE as a liaison for the district.
  • December 12 & 13 - eSS Symposium, San Mateo
    • Here I will be reprising my [Insert LMS Here] Summer Academy talk.
Whew!