Saturday, June 28, 2014

My ISTE 2014 "Think topics"

One of the things I do at conferences is take time to step back and think about big picture items that are difficult to get my head around in the flow of everyday life. So at ISTE this year, in addition to the sessions, and conversations with member of my PLN, and workshops, and keynotes, and wandering the massive exhibit hall, I'm setting aside some time to try to do some planning for the next school year.

Among my topics are the following:

  • Instructional Coaching: How can I and the other ToSAs be effective at working with teachers in classrooms this year, instead of in pull-out workshops?
  • Google Drive workflow: We have several new tools, and Google has added and changed features. What are some best practices for teachers to use Google Drive with their students?
  • Getting tablets into teachers' hands: This year we had nearly a dozen Android tablets out for teachers to work with. Next year I'm hoping we can purchase several dozen more. What are some ways that teachers can use these effectively in their classrooms?
  • Next steps for Instructional Technology Vision: Our Tech Vision Team did a great job this year setting out our district's overall vision for instructional technology. Now, what are our next steps in turning that vision into practice?
  • Inspect Itembank rollout: What is the best way for us to introduce and support our new Common-Core-aligned itembank, so that teachers can make use of it?