Friday, March 29, 2013

Prezi for Presentations

http://prezi.com


I found another startup with a gimmick.

Prezi lets one create presentations using a template.  The template can be grabbed with a mouse and moved.  Boxes can be added to the template and text to each box. 

There is free membership with 100MB of storage, then paid memberships with more perks. 

I clicked "education" then entered the search term chemistry.

It brought up around a dozen Prezis per page and I could click to go to the next page and the next until I looked to see where it told me "More than 1000 Prezis."

Unfortunately most of the chemistry Prezis seem to be students projects with extremely questionable subject matter content.

I give Prezi 2 thumbs up for a cool way to present info.

I give them 2 thumbs down for content and how to find anything of quality.

It could be of use to teachers who want students to organize their knowledge to present to others.  It seems to be best for presenting a social or political issue rather than in depth content knowledge.

It's definitely worth checking out and signing up.