Monday, January 28, 2013

Google Sites or Blackboard?

A question I get quite often is, "What should I use to manage my class website?"  Whether you want to get away from using a complicated tool like Expressions/SharePoint/FrontPage, or your school site is discontinuing the program you've always used, or you're just looking to improve and/or simplify your communication with students and parents, you have several tools that you can use.  In addition to a number of freely available options, the district supports two choices:  Google Sites and Blackboard.  How do you decide which one you should use?

It depends on what you want your class website to accomplish.  Take a couple of minutes to look at this presentation that I've put together.



The evaluations here are of course my own.  If you have more questions, please let me know.